[Archivesspace_Users_Group] I Feel the Need for Speed - Time Trials?

Solek, VivianLea VivianLea.Solek at Kofc.Org
Thu Jan 24 08:16:45 EST 2019

Good morning all,

I know our installations will all be different which will impact speed, but I'm very curious about the speed of processing that folks are experiencing.  Even the most basic tasks (like clicking on a record group/collection record to open it, seems to take a bit to perform it.  My system (v.2.4.1 in the process of updating to 2.5.1) is on a dedicated cloud server and I know it can be "ramped up" to generate more speed/power,  I just need some stats/data to convince IT that the performance I'm seeing is "below par."

Am I just being a big impatient or are other people seeing slow speeds as well?  Has anyone done any "time trials" for basic processes?  Has anyone done "time trials" for importing with the Harvard plug in?

Many thanks for any and all insights and data shares!

Best,
VivianLea

VivianLea Solek
Archivist
Knights of Columbus Supreme Council Archives

Knights of Columbus Museum
1 State Street
New Haven, CT 06511-6702
Phone 203 752-4578
Fax 203 865-0351

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and any attachments may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information and is intended only for the use of the addressee or addressees named above for its intended purpose. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, this message constitutes notice that any review, retransmission, distribution, copying or other use or taking any action in reliance on the information in this message and its attachments, is prohibited. If you receive this communication in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message and its attachments from your system without keeping a copy. Unless expressly stated in this e-mail, nothing in this message may be construed as a digital or electronic signature. Thank you.