[Archivesspace_Users_Group] # of Collection Mgmt records not matching # of Accession records

Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) sdm7g at virginia.edu
Mon Jan 14 13:45:43 EST 2019

I noticed, while researching this issue, that there is no  .dat file in my archivesspace/data/inderer_state directly named container_management.
Perhaps that info is kept in corresponding resource files, however, I see that there is a primary_type in Solr records for container_management.
Which makes me suspicious that there is something missing in the codebase to keep these records in sync.  ( I’m on 2.5.x, so I don’t know what would be different in 2.3.x )  It also makes me question if you did a complete reindex ( i.e. delete ALL of data/indexer_state/* and data/solr_index/ and restart ) or partial, as that might make a difference here. Usually, deleting the indexer_state files in enough, but I’m suspicious here.

I suggest you open the Solr web console to ArchivesSpace — usually at port 8090, unless you have changed the default, and enter:
primary_type: collection_management in the Query console.
Look first at response.numFound, which from your description, I expect doesn’t match the number returned from SQL query.
Then you might drill down to inspect if there are duplicate records with the same parent_id, or if there are id # returned in the solr query that have been deleted from SQL. What else you might look at depends on what clues you initially see.

BTW: I found it very simple to add collection_management_subreports to accession_report and resource_list_report in 2.5.x,
However, I think the reports subsystem was very different in 2.3.x. And that would still only give you the records that are in SQL, not the ones that aren’t, which seems to be the problem.

— Steve Majewski