[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Top Containers for volumes

Rees, John (NIH/NLM) [E] reesj at mail.nlm.nih.gov
Thu Feb 14 08:43:30 EST 2019

We’d describe the sets’ nature in the unittitle and, like others, randomly assign volume numbers from 1-N across the entire collection.

We insert Permalife flags in each volume which has the call number, arbitrary volume number, and a barcode. We do this for all our rare books holdings and books in the archives. It saves on the extra labor and cost of boxing and foldering, unless the item’s condition warrants a phase box or some other protective enclosure

John