[Archivesspace_Users_Group] request for participation in accessibility survey being conducted by LYRASIS

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Fri Feb 1 08:43:51 EST 2019

Dear ArchivesSpace members,

I wanted to pass along a survey that some of our colleagues at LYRASIS are conducting about accessibility as it relates to the content and systems used and created in institutions in the GLAM (galleries, libraries, archives, and museums) community. As you know, accessibility is something that we're working to improve in ArchivesSpace. We've been excited to participate in ongoing discussions with others in our organizational home about how to better meet the needs of the people we serve.

I encourage you to take a look at the survey, participate if you'd like, and conduct our colleague Jill Grogg (jill.grogg at lyrasis.org<mailto:jill.grogg at lyrasis.org>) if you have any questions. Thanks so much for your consideration.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>
800.999.8558 x2905
678-235-2905
cdibella13 (Skype)

[ASpaceOrgHomeMedium]

Request for Participation in Accessibility Survey

Please take approximately 10 minutes to fill out the following survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/D2FX69V. The deadline for participation is March 1, 2019. Please feel free to share the survey with your colleagues for questions outside your job duties. We realize multiple responses from one institution may be necessary.

This survey is intended to serve two general purposes. First, we would like to offer LYRASIS members and participants in the broader GLAM (galleries, libraries, archives and museums) community a new perspective on how accessibility is embedded in our work with collections and systems. Second, we would like to understand how we can better serve LYRASIS members/users in terms of the accessibility requirements of our products, services, and platforms. We appreciate your taking the time to answer this survey in order to achieve the broadest possible response from GLAM institutions of all shapes and sizes.

The survey is divided into three sections concerning three different areas of responsibility: purchasing content, creating content, and purchasing systems. Most survey respondents will only be responsible for one or two of these areas within their institution. For any areas that you are not responsible for, please indicate "no" in the survey question, and you will be taken to the next section of the survey.

At the beginning of the survey you will be asked for your name, institution and job title. All of this information will remain confidential, and will not be included in any external publications/reports or presentations. We are merely using this information to identify duplicate entries across our distribution channels.
Please contact Jill Grogg, Licensing Program Strategist, at jill.grogg at lyrasis.org<mailto:jill.grogg at lyrasis.org>, with any questions.