[Archivesspace_Users_Group] bulk shift to top container

Wendy Scheir scheirw at newschool.edu
Sat Dec 7 16:54:49 EST 2019

Hi,

We're new explorers in ArchivesSpace, working in a test instance of version
2.1. I've encountered 2 top container questions that I can't find or figure
out the answer to, and hope you seasoned experts will be able to help.

1. If one wants to move multiple instances associated with a particular top
container to instead be associated with a different, existing top
container, how does one do that in a batch, without needing to click into
each instance to make the change? In other words, if we're physically
shifting the contents of Box 1 into Box 3, and Box 3 already exists and has
other materials in it, can we perform something like a transfer or merge of
Box 1 into Box 3 in ASpace?

2. Similarly, if we have a Box 1 within a resource that has a barcode, and
a Box 1 that does not have a barcode, can we batch reassign instances
associated with Box 1 without bcs to the Box 1 with bcs?

With thanks,

Wendy

Wendy Scheir
Director
THE NEW SCHOOL ARCHIVES and SPECIAL COLLECTIONS

66 5TH AVENUE, NEW YORK, NY 10011
scheirw at newschool.edu
T 212.229.5942 x2888
library.newschool.edu/archives