[Archivesspace_Users_Group] new ArchivesSpace Help Center coming soon

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Mon Dec 2 13:50:22 EST 2019

Dear ArchivesSpace members,

We're pleased that a new ArchivesSpace Help Center, with an improved user manual and new training videos, is on its way. We expect to be launching the site by mid-December. The Help Center will be a private area within our larger Confluence site, which includes information about many of our community and development activities. The current Help Center site (http://docs.archivesspace.org) will be up through early 2020, but it will be closed to new user signups and no content will be updated once the new site is up.

The new and improved content is thanks to the efforts of our User Documentation sub-team and our training corps, and the amazing organizational skills of our Community Engagement Coordinator, Jessica Crouch.

We'll be migrating user accounts to the new site beginning the week of December 9. Please do not update, create or sign up for new accounts on the current site after December 6. After that,

  *   If you already have an account for our Confluence site, you will not need to do anything. Privileges to access the Help Center area will be added to your account.
  *   If you have an active* account on the current Help Center site but do not already have an account for our Confluence site, you will receive an email invitation from Atlassian to set up your account and get access to the new area. The subject line will be "ArchivesSpace has invited you to Confluence." This account will also give you enhanced access to our other Confluence and JIRA areas. Passwords from the old site will not carry over, so you will need to create a password as part of setting up your Confluence account.
  *   If you do not have an account on the current Help Center site and do not already have a Confluence account, I suggest waiting until the new site launches and then signing up yourself. If you need help with that, please let us know at ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org>.
* We've asked Help Center institutional administrators to clean up user accounts for their institutions over the last few weeks. Thank you for all your help with this! Prior to the move, we will also be clearing out accounts from the current site for people who have not logged in for more than 18 months. This will help us ensure that only currently active users are moved over to the new site.

We hope you enjoy the new content and look forward to the enhanced opportunities for community participation that the new site will allow. Thanks for your patience as we make this transition and please do let us know if you have any questions.
Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>