[Archivesspace_Users_Group] AVCC integration/audiovisual description workflows

Tang, Lydia ltang5 at msu.edu
Wed Aug 28 15:57:59 EDT 2019

Good afternoon, all!
We are currently considering tools for describing a LOT of analog audiovisual material.  We are interested in AVCC<https://www.weareavp.com/products/avcc/> because it has a robust and granular fields for description but it isn’t really designed for user discovery and access.  It would be great to integrate it with ArchivesSpace, and I was just curious if anyone has tried that yet or if they have other AV description tools they use instead?  I see the WGBH plug<https://github.com/WGBH-MLA/pbspace> in for digital objects, which we are looking forward to testing out, but are curious about tools for analog material description.
An idea we have is to use AVCC as the database of record and write a script to batch import the archival objects into ArchivesSpace, but I have no idea how it would manage with updating changed records…
Thanks for any and all advice!
Lydia