[Archivesspace_Users_Group] trying to remove several links in PUI

Custer, Mark mark.custer at yale.edu
Tue Aug 13 08:51:27 EDT 2019

Henry,

If that line is uncommented by removing the # characters, then the “Accessions” tab should (hopefully!) be removed from the navigation menu.  Here’s the setting that we’re currently using for our navigation menu:

AppConfig[:pui_hide] = {
  repositories:       false,
  resources:        false,
  digital_objects:    true,
  accessions:         true,
  subjects:         false,
  agents:           false,
  classifications:    true,
  search_tab:         false,
  accession_badge:    true,
  record_badge:       true,
  container_inventory:  false,
  classification_badge: true,
}

As for the “pui_enable_staff_link” setting, I *think* that setting just governs the “Staff Only” edit button that will appear in the PUI interface if a user is also logged into the corresponding ASpace staff interface in the same browser (which is actually my favorite feature of the PUI right now 😊).  I’ve attached a screenshot that shows that looks like, to be clear.

As for the “Visit ArchivesSpace.org” link, I think that might have to be overridden in a view with a plugin?  See https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/public/app/views/shared/_footer.html.erb (it doesn’t look, to me at least, like a setting could override whether that staff link displays, but  you could remove it with it with a plugin that overrides that view with a footer of your own design).  We’re back on version 2.4, so I don’t actually recall.  What version of ArchivesSpace are you on?

Also, in case it helps, here’s most of our config.rb settings:  https://github.com/YaleArchivesSpace/aspace-deployment/blob/master/prod/config.rb

All my best,

Mark