[Archivesspace_Users_Group] MARCxml importer

Kevin W. Schlottmann kws2126 at columbia.edu
Wed Sep 26 10:35:41 EDT 2018

Hi Adrien,

We recently imported our collection-level MARC records into AS.
Lyrasis was contracted to do the import. They were able to make our
requested custom tweaks to the MARC importer fairly easily, and I'd
agree that that will likely be best solution for you.  Unfortunately,
I don't know how exactly they did so because we are hosted, but I
think a place to start would be here:
https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/fb02a77fa62d2dfad4b7984b627ecddf8f03eec0/backend/spec/lib_marcxml_converter_spec.rb

Alternately, if you can temporarily disable the Harvard-specified
requirement, you could copy the EAD IDs into some other MARC field
that does import. Once the records are in, you could do an API call to
move the EAD IDs where you want them, and then re-enable the
requirement.

Kevin