[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Viewing suppressed records permission

Hughes, Margaret mhughes at library.ucla.edu
Wed Sep 12 12:05:56 EDT 2018

Hi all,

We're having trouble with the "view suppressed records in this repository" permission. I've recreated it in the sandbox and have attached screenshots here. Here are my steps:

1.       I edited the Archivists of the test repository group to give them permission to both suppress the major record types and view suppressed records.

2.       I created another user called "other user" and added them to the Archivists group. (see screenshot)

3.       I created a resource called "testing suppression".

4.       Logged in as "other user" I suppressed the "testing suppression" resource.

5.       I got an error message saying I no longer had permission to view the record.

6.       I searched for "testing suppression" and no search results display (still logged in as "other user"). (see screenshot)

7.       I logged in as admin and searched for "test suppression" and the suppressed in included in search results. (see screenshot)

Are there any other dependent permissions that needs to be enabled that could be blocking the ability to view suppressed records? Am I missing something?

I know there have been other conversations about suppression being buggy - I actually was not able to un-suppress the test resource and crashed the sandbox when I tried. I searched quickly for a JIRA ticket and didn't see this issue. Are institutions successfully using the suppress records functionality?

Thanks for your help!

Maggie

Margaret Hughes
Collections Data Archivist