[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Alma Integration

Kevin Clair Kevin.Clair at du.edu
Wed Oct 24 09:27:28 EDT 2018

For us, we want to be able to:

  *   create holdings and items in Alma, from ArchivesSpace, using existing Top Container metadata;
  *   compare MARC records for a Resource between the two systems, and push to/pull from Alma as needed to keep metadata in sync; and
  *   compare item-level metadata between the two systems, and eventually to push to/pull from Alma as needed to keep inventory records in sync

In general we want to keep archival description work in ArchivesSpace and use the APIs to update Alma, instead of having to train archivists on metadata management in two different systems. This way only the folks who do manuscripts and special collections cataloging need to work with the Alma metadata editor directly.

I'd be interested to hear others' ideas!  -k