[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Recent ASpace release and continuing problems with MARC export

Susan Luftschein luftsche at usc.edu
Wed Oct 10 19:27:34 EDT 2018

Hi Christine,

We installed the recent update on our test server, and I tested a MARC export.  See attached.

The update is stripping out subfield b in the 110 and 610 fields. I'm looking at the JIRA ticket for this (ANW-779) and the second bullet point does not seem to have been overaddrssed-in other words, subfield b is being stripped out regardless of the fact that there is a subordinate name entry.  In the example I'm including, the full corporate entity that should be showing up in the 110 and 610 fields is California. Governor's Commission on the Los Angeles Riots.

Thanks,
Sue

Sue Luftschein, Ph.D.
Head of Special Collections/Archival & Metadata Librarian
USC Libraries Special Collections
University of Southern California
Doheny Memorial Library
3550 Trousdale Parkway, Room 207