[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArcLight or other aggregation tools for discovery

Tang, Lydia ltang5 at lib.msu.edu
Thu Nov 29 10:13:10 EST 2018

Hi all,
At Michigan State, we currently have two distinct instances of ArchivesSpace and have been interested in the possibility of merging instances (but keeping our unique repositories).  So far, it seems like there are challenges relating to reconciling overlapping agents and subjects and possibly some challenges with migrating our locations, events, and other meta-records in our individual databases.  With this in mind, I am curious to hear if some institutions keep their separate instances but successfully are able to combine their discovery experience using the API or OAI-PMH (sorry, I’m no techie and this may be basically the same approach).  I’m curious about the status of ArcLight.  http://archival-integration.blogspot.com/2015/07/archivesspace-blacklight-arclight.html
Any news there?  Any other ideas are very welcome!

Lydia
--
Dr. Lydia Tang, CA, DAS, DMA, MLIS
Special Collections Archivist-Librarian