[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace Integrations Wish List

Seth Shaw seth.shaw at unlv.edu
Tue May 29 13:07:40 EDT 2018

Something that came up in the recent community call is the ability to
connect ArchivesSpace to digital asset management systems (e.g. CONTENTdm).

For example, we use a script[1] to find all of the objects in CONTENTdm
that match the title, date, and collection identifier fields to create
ArchivesSpace digital objects + instances so that the AS EAD and PDF
exports will link to our objects in CONTENTdm. Granted, this title/date
matching wasn't perfect, but 97% was close enough that the remaining 14
could be easily reviewed manually. This sure beats making a few thousand,
or even a few hundred manual digital object records.

Of course, I'm running this script on my own computer which isn't an ideal
workflow. It would be better if this were a plugin with a drop-down menu
button and configuration screen so that ArchivesSpace users can initiate
the matching and import on their own. If someone wants to port the code to
Ruby, make the necessary configuration pages, and/or generally improve it;
I think there are plenty of people who would appreciate it.

1:
https://github.com/seth-shaw-unlv/small-stuff/blob/master/cdm-update-as/cdm_link_as.py