[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Now Available! Revised Draft Guidelines for Standardized Holdings Counts and Measures for Archival Repositories and Special Collections Libraries

Martha O'Hara Conway moconway at umich.edu
Thu May 24 12:47:26 EDT 2018

*On behalf of the SAA-ACRL/RBMS Joint Task Force on the Development of
Standardized Holdings Counts and Measures for Archival Repositories and
Special Collections Libraries, I am very pleased to announce the release of
our revised draft Guidelines for Standardized Holdings Counts and Measures
for Archival Repositories and Special Collections Libraries
<https://www2.archivists.org/groups/saa-acrlrbms-joint-task-force-on-holdings-metrics/guidelines-for-standardized-holdings-counts-and-measures-for-archival-r>.
The Guidelines are the product of the Task Force’s efforts to analyze and
address feedback received in response to the draft we released on 11
January 2017, which is summarized in our July 20, 2017 Annual Report to the
SAA Standards Committee.
<https://www2.archivists.org/sites/all/files/ReportStandardsSAA2017.pdf>The
Guidelines are available both online and as a PDF via this SAA
website:https://www2.archivists.org/groups/saa-acrlrbms-joint-task-force-on-holdings-metrics/guidelines-for-standardized-holdings-counts-and-measures-for-archival-r
<https://www2.archivists.org/groups/saa-acrlrbms-joint-task-force-on-holdings-metrics/guidelines-for-standardized-holdings-counts-and-measures-for-archival-r>The
Guidelines reflect a multi-year effort to develop definitions and best
practices for quantifying the holdings of archival repositories and special
collections libraries. The Guidelines address both the wide range of types
and formats of material typically held and the different ways collection
material is managed and described. The Task Force invites comments on the
revised draft. Please direct feedback to the co-chairs before Tuesday, July
31, 2018:Martha O’Hara Conway, moconway at umich.edu <moconway at umich.edu>(for
RBMS)Emily R. Novak Gustainis, emily_gustainis at hms.harvard.edu
<emily_gustainis at hms.harvard.edu> (for SAA) With thanks in advance for your
interest and input, Martha, on behalf of the SAA-ACRL/RBMS Joint Task Force
on the Development of Standardized Holdings Counts and Measures for
Archival Repositories and Special Collections Libraries Martha O’Hara
Conway (RBMS) University of Michigan, co-chairRachel A. D'Agostino (RBMS)
Library Company of PhiladelphiaLara Friedman–Shedlov (RBMS) University of
MinnesotaEmily R. Novak Gustainis (SAA) Harvard Medical School, co-chairE.
Haven Hawley (RBMS) University of FloridaLisa K. Miller (SAA) Stanford
University*

Martha O'Hara Conway
Director * Special Collections Research Center
University of Michigan Library * Ann Arbor MI 48109-1190