[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Archivesspace Docker in Production

Ludwig Possie ludwigpossie at weber.edu
Wed May 23 19:16:30 EDT 2018

Mark;
I'm trying to duplicate my production environment to a docker container.  I
managed to create my own custom image per the provided instructions.
However it's running on the latest ArchivesSpace version.  Our current
production version is v2.0.1.  I searched through the git commits on GitHub
and went back to around the time 2.0.0 was out
(65b0f5f1509d925f1da234f3edc7084687526818).  I then copied over some of the
Dockerfiles and docker-compose.yml files and ran the scripts.  I'm still
having to do some tinkering to see if I can get it to work properly, but
just wanted to know if there was a better way for me to rebuild that image?

Also is there any documentation with the recommended method of upgrading
from one version to another when using Docker containers?  Thx.

Ludwig Possé

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 10:00 AM, Mark Cooper <mark.cooper at lyrasis.org>
wrote:

> Hi Ludwig,
>
> The LYRASIS aspace docker repos on GitHub and the Docker Hub are being
> phased out. We now maintain these directly with aspace:
>
> https://hub.docker.com/r/archivesspace/archivesspace/tags/
> https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/
> blob/master/README_DOCKER.md
>
> Best,
> Mark
>
> Mark Cooper
> Tech Lead, Hosting and Support
> LYRASIS
>
> On May 8, 2018, at 8:39 AM, Ludwig Possie <ludwigpossie at weber.edu> wrote:
>
> I'm curious to know if there are users out there using Archivesspace
> Docker version in a production environment?  I'm looking at running this
> version <https://hub.docker.com/r/lyrasis/archivesspace/> in a production
> environment, but was having issues tying mysql and archivesspace containers
> together since the --link is a legacy feature being removed.
>
> --
> Ludwig Possié
> Systems Admin
> Stewart Library