[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Advice for recording journal article information

Rees, John (NIH/NLM) [E] reesj at mail.nlm.nih.gov
Tue May 15 11:06:22 EDT 2018

We're migrating some journal article metadata to ASpace and are seeking description advice.

The original metadata schema nicely records articleTitle, journalTitle, issue, pagination in distinct elements. ASpace doesn't specifically offer the same granularity in either Resource or Digital Object Records and we're considering using Notes subrecords to concatenate journal/issue/pagination data - we're not sure if any are a best fit. We'd also like to consider downstream linked data use cases where granularity would facilitate automated ID matching.

I'm wary of the User Defined option.

Anyone tackled this or a similar issue?

Thanks,
John