[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Slow load time for records with lots of instances

Jordon Steele jsteele at jhu.edu
Tue Mar 13 11:52:16 EDT 2018

Hi,

We have an accession record that has over 1300 containers assigned to it in the instance module. The record takes almost 3 minutes to load in the staff interface, the same amount of time if you enter data and save. Sometimes, heavy interaction with this record causes ASpace to crash. We've doubled our memory to mitigate this, but there appears to be a correlation between the amount of instances we have and the slow load time.

I'm wondering if anyone else in the community has experienced this and/or if ASpace is aware of this.

Thanks!

Best,

Jordon

Jordon Steele
Hodson Curator of the University Archives
Sheridan Libraries
Johns Hopkins University
3400 N Charles St
Baltimore, MD 21218