[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Cherry Hill Company working with ArchivesSpace on project to improve visual layout of staff interface

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Mon Mar 12 10:26:13 EDT 2018

Dear ArchivesSpace members,

In their recommendations delivered at the end of December, the Staff Interface Enhancement Working Group suggested retaining the services of a professional user experience or design firm to provide additional guidance on the visual layout of the staff interface. I'm pleased to announce that Cherry Hill Company, who worked on the design phase of the public interface project, will be working with us to provide a set of wireframes and a design guide for optimal usability and accessibility of the staff interface. They will be using the recommendations of the group to guide this process, and there will also be opportunities for members to provide feedback at several points along the way. We are aiming to have the final wireframes and design guide delivered by the end of June 2018.

I should note that this project is focused on the layout and appearance of the interface, with usability and accessibility as the chief considerations. There are other projects that focus on adding and/or improving functionality in the interface, some of which we anticipate may commence before the visual layout project is complete.

If you have any questions, or if you know now that you would like to participate in the feedback process, please get in touch. Thanks especially to the Staff Interface Enhancement Working Group for identifying this as a need, and to all of you that participated in that process.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>