[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Syntax for merge_requests API call

Arnold, Hillel harnold at rockarch.org
Thu Jun 7 11:43:53 EDT 2018

Hi Kevin,
It looks like you need to post a target URI plus an array of victims URIs to that endpoint, so something like:

{
	"target" : {"ref": "/agents/corporate_entities/40"},
	"victims": [
		{ "ref": "/agents/corporate_entities/38" },
		{ "ref": "/agents/corporate_entities/39" }
		]
}

FWIW, I've found the JSONmodel schemas to be pretty useful in reverse-engineering API calls: https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/tree/master/common/schemas

Hillel

On 6/7/18, 9:24 AM, "archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org on behalf of Kevin W. Schlottmann" <archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org on behalf of kws2126 at columbia.edu> wrote:

    Hi all,

    I'm trying to use the API to POST a merge request[1]. The
    documentation is missing an example of what is actually posted.
    Before I dig too much deeper, does anyone know the syntax for the
    POST?  Is it the entire JSON objects of the target and victim, in an
    array? Just the URIs? Something else?

    Best,

    Kevin

    [1] https://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/api/#post-merge_requests-agent