[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Export to PDF Failing

Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) sdm7g at virginia.edu
Mon Jul 23 17:11:08 EDT 2018

I would guess it has to be a failure in the fop processor to produce such a mangled PDF.

You might try cd-ing to archivesspace/lib/ directory and running it manually with something like this command:
(not sure if it needs an adjustment for windows)

	java -jar fop.jar  fo.xml -pdf fo.pdf

using this as input ( I’ve run your EAD xml thru the first stage using archivesspace/stylesheets/as-ead-pdf.xsl & saxon )
and see if you get any helpful or interesting error messages.

And if you want to try generating that fo.xml yourself, you can try something like this, relative to the same lib directory,
and replacing  EAD.XML with actual path.

java  -jar ../gems/gems/saxon-xslt-0.8.2.1-java/vendor/saxonica/saxon9he.jar  -xsl:../stylesheets/as-ead-pdf -s:EAD.XML  -o:fo.xml