[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Processing notes

Kennedy, Nancy KennedyN at si.edu
Wed Jan 3 11:11:38 EST 2018

Mike –
Out of curiosity, do you have ‘internal only’ components or notes?  How would you manage the Publish All feature in the context of occasional internal only notes?

For example, in AT, we kept some notes set to “internal only.” But, that AT model doesn’t map easily onto the ArchivesSpace publish checkboxes. Publish All sounds useful for flipping large sets of components to publish, but there wouldn’t be a way to distinguish the ‘internal only’ notes. You’d have to go back and uncheck the internal notes, I suppose? Which seems error prone.

Has anyone else faced this scenario?  How did you adapt your workflows? Or perhaps, how did you adjust your data entry (maybe you limit data entry so that anything ‘internal’ is only entered into the repo processing note, coll mgmt. or user defined fields?)

Nancy