[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Error when saving records in 2.2.2

Trevor Thornton trthorn2 at ncsu.edu
Tue Jan 2 11:48:58 EST 2018

Hi everybody-

Since we updated to 2.2.2 we have had an inconsistently recurring issue
when creating and editing records. When the user saves the record they are
immediately given an error message indicating that the record did not save
(sometimes the message is "Failed to save your changes", sometimes it's
"Record not found"). But upon refreshing the page it turns out that the
changes actually did save, and there are no errors logged on the backend,
which makes me think it's just a frontend issue. This has happened so far
with resource, archival object, subject and agent records.

It doesn't happen every time, which is kind of good, but it makes it
impossible to reliably reproduce the problem - the same set of actions that
triggered the error once will not necessarily trigger it a second time.
This makes it hard to diagnose what's going on or to report the issue in a
helpful way.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

-Trevor

--
Trevor Thornton
Applications Developer, Digital Library Initiatives