[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Use of the "Relator Type" subfield in the "Related Accessions" field

Jordon Steele jsteele at jhu.edu
Thu Feb 15 15:37:04 EST 2018

Hi folks,

We're discussing the utility of the "Relator Type" subfield in the "Related Accessions" field. By default, ASpace requires this subfield, but we are considering suppressing it because we can't think of a reason why we would want to use it. The default value, "bound with," suggests two accessions physically linked (like two accessions in one box), but we manage relationships like these via container management. To us, noting if a related accession is a sibling or part of relationship is enough.

If you're a user of this subfield or consciously not one, comments are welcome!

Best,

Jordon

Jordon Steele
Hodson Curator of the University Archives
Special Collections
The Sheridan Libraries
Johns Hopkins University
3400 N Charles St