[Archivesspace_Users_Group] marcxml import for subject headings

Cobourn, Alston Alston.Cobourn at tamucc.edu
Sun Feb 11 17:54:45 EST 2018

I did a bulk import of marcxml for FAST topical subject headings.  Unfortunately, in addition to creating subject records for the correct subject headings, it also created subject records for the USE FOR terms as well.  Does anyone have thoughts on why that might have happened?  I believe we were on 1.5.2 when I did the import.

As for remedying the situation, I'm thinking that my best bet is to try to delete all the topical subject headings that are not currently linked to any other records in the backend subject table.  Any thoughts on that?

Alston Cobourn
Processing and Digital Assets Archivist
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
alston.cobourn at tamucc.edu