[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Questions about MariaDB

Crawford, David E DavidCrawford at creighton.edu
Fri Feb 9 16:50:36 EST 2018

We have been using MySQL for our ArchivesSpace for several years, but our institution wants to shift us to MariaDB.  The university no longer supports MySQL - not just for us, but campus wide.

Will ArchivesSpace work with MariaDB?  If so, are there any problems or issues I should anticipate with the transfer from MySQL?  And are there any problems or issues I should anticipate running ArchivesSpace in the future?

I should add that this is not a hostile takeover (i.e., I am not being forced to make a change).  The IT folks are being very helpful, so any information that helps them to help our archives will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

David E. Crawford
University Archivist