[Archivesspace_Users_Group] link digital objects

Collopy, Peter S. pcollopy at caltech.edu
Thu Feb 8 17:04:34 EST 2018

My understanding is that ArchivesSpace is not itself equipped to store files. You need to put the image files on a web server, and then you’ll have URIs to provide to ArchivesSpace. When you visit a page in ArchivesSpace, it will actually load the image from that web server, so you need somewhere reliable and under your control where the image files will stay in place. I recommend asking your IT staff for assistance setting up a directory on a web server that you can upload all your images to.

Peter

Peter Sachs Collopy, PhD
University Archivist and Head of Special Collections
California Institute of Technology Library
626-395-2702  |  http://archives.caltech.edu/  |  https://collopy.net/