[Archivesspace_Users_Group] New PUI's "Collection Organization" tab -- dealing with the "scroll bar"

Sarah Horowitz shorowitz at haverford.edu
Thu Feb 8 09:05:15 EST 2018

Hi Bobbi,

We have the same issue, complicated by the fact that the lack of scroll bar
means that sometimes you can't get down to the bottom of the collection
description. Needless to say, this is a major UX issue! There is a JIRA
ticket for the scrollbar: https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-425.
I have added a comment to indicate that it's more serious than the original
post conveys. Hopefully someone has some ideas about how to fix this,
because I agree that telling people to use Chrome is not helpful.

Best,
Sarah

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 8:56 AM, Fox, Bobbi <bobbi_fox at harvard.edu> wrote:

> Good morning,
>

> As we continue to work on refining Harvard’s version of the PUI, I’m
> somewhat stymied by the “scroll bar” on the right side of the Collection
> Organization presentation.
>

> In Chrome, it actually functions as a scroll bar; however, in FireFox, it
> doesn’t seem to, and there also doesn’t seem to be any way to do a CSS
> selection so that I can at least change the color to make it more
> noticeable as a clue that there might be more stuff “below the fold”.
>

> Has anyone figured out a solution to this?  I’m not going to tell our
> users “Just use Chrome if you want this to make sense”.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Bobbi

Sarah Horowitz
Curator of Rare Books and Manuscripts