[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace v2.3.0 released

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Mon Feb 5 15:24:41 EST 2018

Hello ArchivesSpace members,

The ArchivesSpace team is pleased to announce the availability of v2.3.0. You can download it at https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/releases/tag/v2.3.0.

This release contains a number of community pull requests along with a few bug fixes, some reports updates, and the start of the enhancement of the Agents module (JIRA with the full specification available at https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1779). The most notable bug fixes are:

  *   repairing component scrambling that can happen when exporting EAD after re-ordering tree nodes
  *   enabling the use of a proxy prefix
  *   correcting digital object linking problems in the public interface

The full list of bug fixes and improvements is included in the release notes. Thanks to community members Mark Cooper, Chris Fitzpatrick, Bobbi Fox, and Blake Carver for their contributions. We are also very appreciative of the work of our Development Prioritization sub-team, Testing sub-team, and Core Committers Group in helping prioritize, test, and do code review for issues for this release.

The first work on the enhanced Agents module is included in this release, namely a new feature that allows systems administrators and repository managers to add fields to the required field list in the Agents Record for all four types of agents. We are thankful to developer Alyx Rossetti for her work on this feature. Additional agents specification work will be included in upcoming releases.

Information on upgrading to a new version of ArchivesSpace is available at http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/user/upgrading-to-a-new-release-of-archivesspace/. If you have not already upgraded to a 2.2.x version, we recommend going directly to 2.3.0, though, depending on the version you are coming from, you should read the special considerations for upgrading from/to different versions that are linked to from the upgrading document first. If you have any questions or need help upgrading, please let us know.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>