[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace v2.5.0 released

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Fri Aug 10 09:09:02 EDT 2018

Hello ArchivesSpace members,

The ArchivesSpace team is pleased to announce the availability of v2.5.0. You can download it at https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/releases/tag/v2.5.0.

This release contains many program-led and community pull requests that provide feature enhancements, bug fixes, infrastructure improvements, and documentation updates. The centerpiece of this release is the refactored reports worked on by our co-op student from Georgia Tech, Sarah Morrissey.
Another especially noteworthy improvement is code that has been contributed by Mark Triggs that reduces loading times for records in the staff interface. Our contractor Manny Rodriguez from LibraryHost continues to provide invaluable work to improve our OAI-PMH and export functionality.

Other items of note include small updates to the PDF produced from the public interface and the option to use Japanese translations for the interface labels. There are also some bug fixes for the public and staff interfaces and some additional automated tests and infrastructure upgrades. The full list of bug fixes and improvements is included in the release notes.

Thanks to community members Mark Triggs, Chris Fitzpatrick, Lora Woodford, Mark Cooper, Dave Mayo, Steve Majewski, knjko, Jacob Brown, and Brian Harrington for their code contributions. We are also very appreciative of all the work our Development Prioritization sub-team, Testing sub-team, and Core Committers Group do in helping prioritize, test, and do code review for issues for this and all of our releases. A special note of gratitude goes to the Reports sub-team for all their long-standing and indefatigable work in helping us improve reports.

Information on upgrading to a new version of ArchivesSpace is available at http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/user/upgrading-to-a-new-release-of-archivesspace/. If you have not already upgraded to a 2.4.x version, we recommend going directly to 2.5.0, though, depending on the version you are coming from, you should read the special considerations for upgrading from/to different versions that are linked to from the upgrading document first. If you have any questions or need help upgrading, please let us know.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>