[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Java Process High CPU

Tom Hutchinson thutchi1 at swarthmore.edu
Thu Aug 9 11:34:12 EDT 2018

Hi, Ralph –

We've experienced this issue in the past. Also other issues with
related to indices after upgrades. Because of this we don't migrate
the old indices when we upgrade.

Currently we delete the whole [archivesspace]/data folder and wait for
a re-index to finish. Does anyone know if only deleting
[archivesspace]/data/indexer_state would have the same effect? It
would be nice to use the old indices until the reindex is complete to
minimize downtime.

Another issue we had causing high resource use had to do with this bug:
https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-137
The band-aid we put on it is to use this plugin weekly:
https://github.com/lyrasis/events-deduper
Since you turned off indexing (which means changes to the data won't
be reflected in search results), maybe it's this.

Cheers,

Tom