[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Barcoding boxes and shelves in ArchivesSpace

James E. Cross jcross at clemson.edu
Wed Apr 18 09:18:21 EDT 2018

All,

We are thinking of barcoding *both* our boxes and our shelves using ArchivesSpace. The thought is that by doing both we would have better inventory control and the ability to scan a box/shelf and retrieve information about it quickly. Have any of you done this? What were the pros and cons you discovered after doing the barcoding?

We look forward to hearing any information or suggestions you can give us. Thank you.

Sincerely,

James Cross
Manuscripts Archivist

James Edward Cross, C.A.