[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Truncated searches in ASpace PUI

Jordon Steele jsteele at jhu.edu
Wed Sep 27 12:45:07 EDT 2017

Hello,

We are new users to the PUI and noticed today (correct me if I’m wrong) that neither the old PUI nor the new PUI supports the ability for users to perform truncated searches without truncation operators like * and ?.  For example, one must type “histor*,” with quotes, to get search results containing the word history. One cannot merely type histor with no quotes (0 results).

Is this the case? Is there an existing ticket with a request to add this feature? And if this was a conscious decision not to have this feature, may I ask why?

Best,

Jordon

Jordon Steele
Hodson Curator of the University Archives
Special Collections
The Sheridan Libraries
Johns Hopkins University
3400 N Charles St