[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ampersand issue with PDF button in 2.1.2 public interface

Custer, Mark mark.custer at yale.edu
Fri Sep 22 10:11:22 EDT 2017

Trevor,

That would be fantastic!!!!!

Benn,

For your PDF error, I think that might be caused by a slightly different issue.  The new PUI “Print to PDF” process converts that ArchivesSpace JSON record to HTML and then converts that HTML into a PDF file.  So, it doesn’t use the same JSON --> EAD --> PDF process as the staff interface.  I’m assuming that a small tweak to this file https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/public/app/lib/xml_cleaner.rb might allow it to still create the PDF successfully (assuming that ArchivesSpace would want the application to handle both “b&w” and “b&w”, which might not be the case).

We should log this issue in JIRA at some point, regardless, just so that it’s captured there.  I don’t have time to do that right now, but I did update one of the files in the sandbox to illustrate the problem.  Here it is: http://public.archivesspace.org/repositories/2/resources/1008/

  *   Before I added the lone collection-level note to this record, the PDF printed fine.
  *   Once I added a note of “b&w”, it failed.
  *   When I change the note to “b&w”, the PDF file works....
  *   It also still displays fine in the PUI, which might mean that the problem that I noted in my previous message only occurs when the note is in one of those “see more” / “see less” sections.

Mark