[Archivesspace_Users_Group] classifications dropping links to records after being edited

Maderik, Rachel A maderikra at vmi.edu
Thu Sep 21 13:48:37 EDT 2017

We just discovered that if you make an edit to a child classification in 2.1.2 (e.g., changing the title or description), ALL linked records are dropped from that classification. I was able to replicate this on the sandbox: I added this classification  http://sandbox.archivesspace.org/classifications/101/edit#tree::classification_term_1  to this record http://sandbox.archivesspace.org/resources/1316#tree::resource_1316, as you can see in "resource_before.JPG" and "classification_before.JPG". Then I made a change to the description of the classification, and after saving it, that record is no longer linked ("resource_after.JPG" and "classification_after.JPG"). I checked the classification_rlshp table in our own sandbox, and it appears the relevant entries don't even exist in there anymore (table_before.JPG and table_after.JPG, showing what happened after I made a change to classification_term_id 43), so it appears to be more than just an indexing issue (the actual relationship between the records has been lost). As far as I can tell this doesn't affect top-level classifications, only children.

Has anyone else come across this?

Rachel Maderik
Systems and Technology Librarian
501D Preston Library