[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Advice on Custom Theming

Chelsea Lobdell clobdel1 at swarthmore.edu
Thu Sep 21 13:04:40 EDT 2017

Hi Archivesspace,

I'm looking for some advice on how to get started with custom theming. I've
been reviewing this custom theming documentation:
https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/CUSTOMIZING_THEMING.md

The initial change I'm trying to make is really simple. In
layouts/application.html.erb I just need to change the header, navigation
and maincontent from container-fluid to container to match the style of the
other applications in our application suite.

My first attempt was to add
archivesspace/plugins/local/frontend/views/layouts/application.html.erb and
to make the appropriate changes. However, after a restart I am not seeing
my changes. Can anyone advise me on how to get this working?

I also recognize that application.html.erb is a pretty important file to be
customizing. If anybody has advice on how best to approach this, I would
appreciate it.

- Chelsea
*Chelsea Lobdell*
*Library Web Developer/ Swarthmore College*
*clobdel1 at swarthmore.edu <clobdel1 at swarthmore.edu> / (610)690-6818*