[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Connecting request to email

DUPRE, LANCE DUPREL at mailbox.sc.edu
Thu Sep 7 09:07:57 EDT 2017

On my test instance I am just using sendmail installed on the server to send out email requests. I haven’t played around with using a separate smtp server server yet. I have also not yet figure out how to enable archivesspace to send emails to different addresses depending on what repository the object is in. I can only get the address in the  pui_email_override config to work. Also, the email is sent but instead of returning to the object I get the "We’re sorry, but something went wrong” page. I’ll attach logs generated after a request is sent below. Here are the configs I have set up to get email working to this point.

AppConfig[:pui_email_enabled] = true
AppConfig[:pui_email_override] = 'fallback at your_email.com’
AppConfig[:pui_request_email_fallback_to_address] = 'fallback at your_email.com’
AppConfig[:pui_request_email_fallback_from_address] = 'fromaddress at your-email.com<mailto:fromaddress at your-email.com>’
AppConfig[:pui_email_delivery_method] = :sendmail
AppConfig[:pui_email_sendmail_settings] = {
   location: '/usr/sbin/sendmail',
   arguments: '-i'
 }
 AppConfig[:pui_email_perform_deliveries] = true
 AppConfig[:pui_email_raise_delivery_errors] = true