[Archivesspace_Users_Group] batch re-ordering of controlled value lists; script/plugin, anyone?

Fox, Bobbi bobbi_fox at harvard.edu
Wed Oct 18 14:06:43 EDT 2017

In the course of adapting ArchivesSpace to Harvard's needs, we've ended up with some very weedy controlled values lists (extent type > 200 values! -- of course, some of them need to be removed) with arbitrary positioning.  Our support team is tasked with the job of wrangling the lists with a defined order, and the interactive "move up/down one position at a time, wait for the server to refresh, etc." is really tedious.

Has anyone written a script/created a plugin that would do this with less effort?  I'm inclined to do it at the mysql level, rather than write an extension to the backend/controller/enumeration.rb, but maybe someone has done this already?

Thanks,
Bobbi