[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Searching within a large collection

Joan Curbow CurbowJ at bvu.edu
Mon Oct 16 11:49:54 EDT 2017

I hesitate to even ask this question, because I have a nagging feeling that it is a question whose answer is obvious, and I’ll feel really stupid for asking it, but here goes.

I have a large collection of university photographs, and one of my series of Alumni and Former Students. I have files for individual students, so you can imagine that this collection gets large and unwieldy. Sometimes I want to be able to search within this collection, but I don’t understand if there’s a way to do that. Is there? Is this even a thing? Does anyone else ever wish for that ability?

Sincerely,

Joan Curbow
Reference Librarian and Archivist
Buena Vista University Library