[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Linking related accessions below collection level

Lora Woodford lwoodford at jhu.edu
Tue Nov 28 12:33:33 EST 2017

I did this (when that granular level of linkage was warranted) at my former institution by creating a “processed” event record from the accession record that linked to the resulting archival object (which can be most easily found by typing the archival object’s URI into the type ahead box under linked records).  We did this infrequently, but it was helpful when we wanted to find just that one particular copy of a circular (of which we may have had many copies in an artificial collection) that was donated by a VIP.  But, yes, events do allow you to link from accession records to archival object records, and vice versa.

Lora

--
Lora J. Woodford
The Sheridan Libraries