[Archivesspace_Users_Group] digital object identifier/use of 'digital object'

Rees, John (NIH/NLM) [E] reesj at mail.nlm.nih.gov
Mon Nov 27 11:25:51 EST 2017

We use this field to record opaque (e.g. Voyager ILS bib record unique ID), semantic (accession number/call number + sequential numbers), and mixed identifiers (opaque ID + box/folder numbers + sequential numbers).

We generally try to prescribe that the Voyager ID be a component for all new projects, but some legacy data have their own conventions. We use this ID in our external digital repository metadata, so it makes for good synergy.

John

John P. Rees
Archivist and Digital Resources Manager
History of Medicine Division