[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Public Interface branding

Terry Brady Terry.Brady at georgetown.edu
Wed Nov 8 11:54:25 EST 2017

Ian,

We are in the process of re-applying UI enhancements from AS 1.x to AS
2.1.x. We are using the same plugin folders, but I found that the files I
needed to modify are different.

I was able to add custom HTML to the landing page.

   -
   https://github.com/Georgetown-University-Libraries/archivesspace-gubranding/blob/as2/public/views/welcome/show.html.erb#L21-L51

I was also able to insert my own CSS module on to every page.

   -
   https://github.com/Georgetown-University-Libraries/archivesspace-gubranding/blob/as2/public/views/layout_head.html.erb#L3

We do not yet have an automated build running that would allow us to
override scss variables.  That is one of our next challenges.

Terry

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 7:18 AM, Ian Wat <iwat at bucknell.edu> wrote:

> We just did an upgrade from 2.0.1 to 2.2.0. I understand that the public
> interface changed in 2.1.0 and it seems our branding customization is no
> longer applied. We used to add some html.erb files to the
> plugins/local/public/views/site directory.
>
> I know there are some locale branding that can be done but is there any
> way to add custom HTML and CSS to the public page?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Ian Wat
> Bucknell University

Terry Brady
Applications Programmer Analyst
Georgetown University Library Information Technology
https://github.com/terrywbrady/info
425-298-5498 (Seattle, WA)