[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace using Always Up

David.Lo at Kofc.Org David.Lo at Kofc.Org
Tue Nov 7 10:50:54 EST 2017

Hi All,

We are currently running ArchivesSpace 2.2.0 on a Windows Server 2012 R2.
I am using "Always Up" to manage the startup/shutdown/autorestart of ArchivesSpace as a Windows Service.
I found it very easy to use and manage.  Here's the link  -   https://www.coretechnologies.com/products/AlwaysUp/

My colleague has tried the route of running ArchivesSpace as a Windows Service as published in the ArchivesSpace
documentation:
http://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/user/running-archivesspace-as-a-windows-service/
It works, however it is quirky and requires addition steps to ensure the user running ArchivesSpace closes the session but do
not logoff.

Wondering if anyone else is using "Always Up" as a alternate solution?
I would love to hear all feedback on this regard to assure ArchivesSpace is running smoothly for our Archivist.

Regards,
David Lo
Systems Administrator, Open Systems Application Administration
Information Technology Services (ITS)
Knights of Columbus
One Columbus Plaza
New Haven, CT 06510-3326
office:     203-752-4263
mobile:  203-214-4942
email:    david.lo at kofc.org

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and any attachments may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information and is intended only for the use of the addressee or addressees named above for its intended purpose.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, this message constitutes notice that any review, retransmission, distribution, copying or other use or taking any action in reliance on the information in this message and its attachments, is prohibited.  If you receive this communication in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message and its attachments from your system without keeping a copy.  Unless expressly stated in this e-mail, nothing in this message may be construed as a digital or electronic signature.  Thank you.