[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Container profile guidance

Olivia S Solis livsolis at utexas.edu
Mon May 22 17:09:04 EDT 2017

Hello all,

We at the Briscoe are making progress in our adoption of ArchivesSpace. We
are about to deal with all of our containers and develop container
profiles. This may be a broad question, but I was wondering if, when
developing your container profiles, any of you adhered to any guiding
principles. If so , what were they?

For example, did you develop any kind of criteria for how small a box had
to be to merit a container profile? What about naming container profiles.
e.g. [brand] [box type]?  Any broad guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Olivia

--
Olivia Solis, MSIS