[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Updating containers via archival_object POST

Donald Mennerich don.mennerich at nyu.edu
Mon May 22 16:10:34 EDT 2017

Hello List,

I'm working a data remediation problem via the aspace API I can't seem to
get any of the values in a container key within an archival_object to
update when I post. For example, within a json object of type
archival_object like:

"container": {
    "type_1": "box",
    "indicator_1": "1",
    "barcode_1": "31142054615128",
    "type_2": "folder",
    "indicator_2": "14",
    "container_locations": [],
    "lock_version": 25
}

If I change any of the values and POST, none of the updates seem to
persist. This doesn't generate an errors, and any changes to the record
otherwise seems to save. I'm wondering if this is just not possible, and if
so, is there another endpoint that might be used to update container
information?

Thanks, Don