[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Former users and data loss

Caldera, Mary mary.caldera at yale.edu
Wed Mar 8 10:24:13 EST 2017

Hi,

Our Yale ArchivesSpace User management Policy, prohibits the deletion of user records for the very reasons noted. The relevant section is as follows. –

Access Control
·         The creation, deactivation, and the changing of user accounts and privileges must be carried out only by trained and authorized staff (i.e. the Yale ArchivesSpace Committee).
·         Access to ArchivesSpace will be limited to the Yale NetIDs of people who are members of the ArchivesSpace Active Group. This single Active Group will have access to all three instances of ArchivesSpace at Yale: dev, production, and test. Even though access will be allowed to the same three instances, that does not mean that each will have the same set of privileges. For example, only developers will have privileges in the dev instance.
·         The person enacting any change to a user account must be different from the person requesting the change.
·         Accounts should never be deleted from the ArchivesSpace database; instead, when a user no longer requires access to the ArchivesSpace database, their account will be deactivated.
·         Accounts will be deactivated by following these three steps:
o    The ArchivesSpace username will be preceded with a “zzz_” in the ArchivesSpace database.
o    The Yale NetID will be removed from the ArchivesSpace Active Directory group.
o    Any repository roles associated with that account will be removed.
·         Inactive accounts will be periodically reviewed to determine if any need to be deactivated.
·         Accounts may be re-activated -- but only after a request has been issued and approved by following the same procedures required for requesting a new account -- by removing the “zzz_” from an existing username and then following the same procedure for the addition of any new ArchivesSpace account.
Sincerely,
Mary

Mary Caldera,
Head of Arrangement and Description