[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Archon to ArchivesSpace Migration Issues

Stasiulatis, Suzanne sustasiula at pa.gov
Wed Mar 8 08:42:37 EST 2017

Hello,

We have two major problems with our migration from Archon to ArchivesSpace. Any help is appreciated. We did not have success with the migration from Archon to 1.4.2. We moved to 1.0.4 to 1.4.2 to 1.5.2. The migration and upgrade complete but we have two major problems.

There are no top container drop downs in the component tree. The top containers are there, but they are not appearing as expected with drop downs in the component tree or in the staff interface.

A large portion of our component data is scrambled. Some of the components are perfectly fine. They are in order and match the Archon listing line for line. Other listings (about 1/3 to ¼) are out of order. Often the components are in order within a container, but out of order otherwise. Other listings have components out of order. We've searched for a pattern but not found one. The scrambling seems to be totally random.

Thanks in advance!

Suzanne

Suzanne Stasiulatis | Archivist II
Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission | Pennsylvania State Archives
350 North Street | Harrisburg, PA 17120-0090
Phone: 717-787-5953
http://www.phmc.pa.gov<http://www.phmc.pa.gov/>
sustasiula at pa.gov<mailto:sustasiula at pa.gov>