[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Display of punctuation in PUI

Lara Friedman-Shedlov ldfs at umn.edu
Fri Jun 30 10:19:18 EDT 2017

Thanks, Steve.  As you correctly surmised, the EAD files are already
imported, so it is too late to use XSLT or otherwise manipulate the files
to strip out the punctuation.

Our instance of ArchivesSpace is hosted, so I don't think we can try the
MySQL approach on our own.  Lyrasis would have to help us with that.

As I mentioned, I really thought I had seen this (some way for the
interface to have a display rule of some kind) in a JIRA as an requested
feature.  Double periods might be harder to address because of the
occasional use of ellipses, but double commas should be easy to screen out
and are our biggest issue anyway.