[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Error when deleting location despite no linked records

Craig P Savino craig.savino at nyu.edu
Thu Jun 29 11:00:48 EDT 2017

Hello,

We have not been able to replicate the following problem in the ASpace test
instance, but were wondering if anyone else has run across this problem or
may have recommendations in how to resolve it.

After merging three separate repositories from Toolkit into ASpace we are
left with many legacy locations that we would like to delete. However, in
some cases we have run across locations that the system will not let us
delete, giving the following error instead:

Text of the error is the following:

translation missing:
en.validation_errors.record_deletion_failed__java__commysqljdbcexceptionsjdbc4__mysqlintegrityconstraintviolationexception__cannot_delete_or_update_a_parent_row__a_foreign_key_constraint_fails_(`asdb`.`housed_at_rlshp`__constraint_`housed_at_rlshp_ibfk_2`_foreign_key_(`location_id`)_references_`location`_(`id`))

I have checked across all three repositories and cannot find any top
container records linked to this location (or others which refuse to
delete) so I am not sure why we are getting this error.

Thanks,

*Craig Savino*
*Senior Processing Archivist*
*Archival Collections Management, NYU*