[Archivesspace_Users_Group] merging/fixing duplicate top containers

Galligan, Patrick PGalligan at rockarch.org
Wed Jun 28 15:03:00 EDT 2017

Ben,

So, uh, we had some of the same issue. We generally identified that you need at least one barcode to realistically do it in our case. We have two scripts.

1. This one is for resources where the Box numbers don't restart at 1 every series. It won't work if you have two separate box 1s. We know the script is a little messy, but we haven't had the chance to test a refactor. It basically matches based on logic around our barcodes. You could change this to match around other logic as necessary. Like you might be able to split your indicators and match based off of those. We did barcodes because we had faux codes after migration and it was the easiest way to identify the "real" container. https://github.com/RockefellerArchiveCenter/scripts/blob/master/archivesspace/asAutoReplaceContainers.py

2. This you can use on resources that restart numbers. It's pretty manual, and you have to create a Csv first, but it gets the job done. https://github.com/RockefellerArchiveCenter/scripts/blob/master/archivesspace/asReplaceContainers.py

There should be documentation in the repo, but let me know if you get stuck.

-Patrick Galligan

Sent with BlackBerry Work
(www.blackberry.com)